Tired Of Neck And Shoulder Pain Ruining Your Day?
- Do you ‘store your stress’ in your neck and shoulders to the point where it causes constant pain and tightness?
- Are you losing sleep as a result of your neck and shoulder pain because you can’t find a comfortable position?
- Have you been diagnosed with a 'rotator cuff' injury and are having trouble exercising because of sharp pain?
- Does it concern you that injections haven’t worked and you might be facing an invasive surgery?
If that's happening to you, you're not alone. We hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, neck and shoulder pain is one of the most common problems that we see in our physical therapy clinic in Los Altos, CA.
Whether due to a past injury, certain habits, or stressors, many are plagued with neck pain, headaches or shoulder blade pain from time to time. It may be that you wake up in the morning and feel a stiffness in your neck or throughout the day neck pain interferes with your regular activity. Whatever the case, there may be reasons for your neck pain of which you may not be aware.
PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness provides physical therapy in Los Altos which specifically targets the “cause” of the problem to solve neck pain, headaches and shoulder blade pain. We also treat people from surrounding cities of Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Palo Alto, Campbell, Santa Clara and San Jose .
Causes of Neck Pain, Headaches And Shoulder Pain
Neck and shoulder pain, often accompanied by headaches, can be caused by varying factors.
- Muscle strain – Sometimes pain may be caused by overworking the muscles in the neck.
- Emotional stress – Stress not only affects your mental health, but it can have physical manifestations as well, including neck pain.
- Muscle spasms – Spasms can be the result of varying factors and can occur at any time during the day.
- Joint issues – Joints in the neck are susceptible to wear, similar to other joints. Arthritis can also affect neck joints causing pain.
- Nerve compression – Irritated or pinched nerves, sometimes caused by herniated disks or bone spurs can be a source of pain.
- Injury – Car accidents or other injuries can cause trauma to soft tissues in the neck.
- Disease – Besides arthritis, certain conditions such as meningitis or cancer can cause neck pain.
- Bone pain – Vertebrae can also be a source of pain. Bone pain should be evaluated immediately as it may be due to a serious condition.
We are happy to talk to you about how PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness can help people in Los Altos, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and San Jose, CA.
FREE GUIDE: "10 Natural Ways To Rid Yourself Of Neck And Shoulder Pain Without The Use Of Pain Meds, Injections Or Surgery Even If You've Suffered For Years."
4 Things You Can Do To Get Rid Of Annoying Neck And Shoulder Pain
- First, you need to make a decision about getting help. Many people procrastinate for too long, thinking that knee pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months later they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… or it gets worse.
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises. One of the best things to help you ease your neck and/or shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
- Avoid sitting and sleeping in awkward positions and being aware of your posture. Have you ever woken up with a painful neck? Or, after a long day spent sitting felt tightness in your shoulders? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to neck and/or shoulder pain is sitting with bad posture and sleeping in awkward positions. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatments, so you can get back to being active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy. PT is proven to help people with neck and shoulder pain. In fact at PhysioFit it’s one of the most common issues we see. If your neck and/or shoulder pain is affecting your job, if your sleep is disturbed by tightness or tension in your shoulder, if it stops you from staying active, or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how PhysioFit can help you live with less neck and shoulder pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no obligation, risk free conversation. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
We also help people from the surrounding cities of Mountain View, Palo Alto, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and San Jose, CA.
Get Back To Enjoying The Activities You Love
We will work best with you if you are motivated, have a strong desire to become active again…but just feel stuck about what you should be doing.
If you are willing to put in a little bit of work and you are ready to get back the quality of life you want, then you will be a great fit with us.
And you can expect to see an amazing transformation:
- A life where you can sleep easily through the night without pain, or having to rely on muscle relaxants or pain pills
- Be able to play with and pick up your kids or grandkids, without the worry of your neck and shoulders going out
- A life with better posture that will not only take pain away from your shoulders, but help you move, walk, and exercise with confidence
- A life where you no longer have to carry the constant burden of stress, tension, or pain building up in your neck and shoulders
- Restore long lost movement, and energy so you can keep up with friends and family again, without having your life dictated by constant neck and shoulder pain
- A return to your active, normal, lifestyle, without having to take pain meds or visit your doctor again.
We offer a 20-Minute Phone Consultation which comes at NO risk to you. We will have an honest conversation about your health to decide if we will be a good fit to work with each other.
Neck and shoulder pain are one of the most common problems that we see at PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness in Los Altos, CA. We can also help people from the surrounding cities of Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Palo Alto, Campbell, Santa Clara and San Jose, CA .
Head and Neck Conditions We Treat
- Neck Pain
- Post-surgery Rehab
- Headaches and Migraines
- Radiating pain
- Poor Posture and Forward Head Syndrome
- Arthritis and Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMD or TMJ)
- Vertigo and Dizziness
- Herniated or Bulging Disc
- Contributing Areas to Neck Pain
- Shoulder Jaw
Shoulder Conditions We Treat
- Post-surgery Rehab
- Bursitis / Tendonitis
- Sports Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Frozen Shoulder / Adhesive Capsulitis Labrum Tear
- Dislocation, Instability
- Sprain / Strain
Hear From PhysioFit Clients Who Are Feeling More ACTIVE, HEALTHY And HAPPY…In Just A Few Short Weeks!
"I had shoulder rotator cuff repair surgery and started physical therapy as soon as my surgeon cleared me. Prior excellent experience with PhysioFit therapists. Made it a no-brainer to return. Very painful, extremely limited mobility and no strength after surgery. Arm barely functional. I felt a sense that I was taking positive action to speed healing. I couldn't wait to be allowed to start therapy. Before I came to PhysioFit I understood that PT sped recover, relieved pain, sped up increased mobility and strength. I would tell anyone procrastinating about going in for Physical Therapy to convince your MD to write an RX. PT works for both acute and chronic physical problems. I liked the sense that I was taking assertive action; also like PhysioFit's supper staff. Talk to your MD and friends. DO NOT commit to a cause of physical therapy until you are prepared to work with your therapist. PT is a two-way street. Both of you must work. I was able to achieve a more rapid return to near normalcy for my shoulder. Also, rapid return to the gym and to golf. I'm a "gym rat" and love to exercise."
"I had trigeminal neuralgia, which made most of the right side of my teeth hurt making it feel like I needed a root canal but there were no dental issues, which was scary. I was also nursing and didn’t want to treat with meds. I worked with Keya and Steph who are both amazing to reduce the tension in my back and neck. They provided exercises which helped to increase my strength and range of motion. The trigeminal neuralgia pain lessened over time and eventually went away. I also worked with PhysioFit while I was nursing and got clogged Milk Ducts as with my 1st pregnancy I got Mastitis and didn’t want to have to go on meds with my second child. My lactation consultant, Joanna Koch at PAMF told me about the block milk technique at PhysioFit and I never ended up with Mastitis again."
Note: If your neck and shoulder pain need is urgent...
Choose Which One Works Best For You...
Just click one of the buttons above and then fill out the simple form.