Get Knee Pain Relief And Move Freely Again
- Are you worried about knee pain that isn’t going away on its own, no matter how much 'rest' you've been told to get?
- Do you suffer from sharp knee pain or stiffness every time you try to get out of a chair, or go up or down a flight of stairs?
- Do you feel like you are slowing down and don't want to miss out on activities with friends or family because of knee pain?
- Is knee pain stopping you from exercising because you can't exercise without pain?
- Do you want to just get back to living your normal active lifestyle?
If that's happening to you, you're not alone. We hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, knee pain is one of the most common problems that we see in our physical therapy clinic in Los Altos, CA. We also treat people in the surrounding cities of Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Palo Alto, Campbell, Santa Clara and San Jose.
Knee pain is one of the most common causes of disability worldwide. We rely on our knee joints to help us do virtually everything in our daily life, from getting out of bed to getting out of a car. Pain and dysfunction in these areas can quick rob us of our independence and function.
To make matters worse, regular exercise is one of the most effective, evidence-based ways to alleviate pain caused by arthritis, a leading cause of knee pain. But when your knee pain becomes too great, you might not be able to exercise at all—which can lead to increased sedentary activity and even more pain and dysfunction.
Our team at PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness can help you get out of this vicious cycle and find effective relief. Call us to schedule an appointment with a physical therapist and get started on your personalized knee pain treatment plan.
Are You Suffering From One Of These Common Knee Conditions?
At PhysioFit, we diagnose and treat several common knee conditions that can affect people of all ages and backgrounds. There are a number of specific conditions that often affect the knees and hips. These conditions can occur due to repetitive motion, traumatic injury, or chronic disease.
Arthritis: arthritis is a group of conditions associated with joint damage and inflammation. Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and gout are three of the most common types. Physical therapy is shown to improve strength and mobility, reduce pain, and improve quality of life in people struggling with arthritis.
Strains and sprains: muscle strains and ligament sprains occur when tissues are exposed to a load or force they aren’t durable enough to withstand. This can lead to microscopic tears and inflammation in the tissues along with symptoms like redness, swelling, pain, and bruising. Physical therapy is key for guiding the tissue healing process early on and later restoring the strength and mobility so that recurring injuries can be avoided.
Meniscus tears: the meniscus are C-shaped cartilage that act like cushions inside your knees. A meniscus can tear as a result of twisting, pivoting, or rotating of the knee. This can lead to symptoms like pain, swelling, stiffness, and popping or clicking in the knee. A physical therapist can help your meniscus heal or, if surgery is required, help you optimize your post-surgical recovery so that your knee joint regains its strength and stability.
Bursitis: bursae are small fluid-filled sacs located near joints throughout your body, including the hip and knee. Their role is to reduce friction so tendons can glide smoothly over the joints during movement. Hip or knee bursitis occurs when a bursa becomes inflamed, often because of repetitive stress, obesity, and postural abnormalities. Physical therapy is beneficial for alleviating the inflammation and addressing the underlying cause of the bursitis for longer-lasting relief.
We are happy to talk to you about how PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness can help people in Los Altos, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and San Jose, CA.
FREE GUIDE: "7 Simple Ways To Stop Chronic And Annoying Knee Pain Without The Use Of Pain Meds, Injections Or Surgery... Even If You've Suffered For Years."
4 Things You Can Do To Get Relief From Knee Pain
- First, make a decision about getting help. Many people procrastinate too long, thinking that knee pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months later they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… or it gets worse.
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises. One of the best things to help you ease your knee pain is to do the right series of guided exercises - the right exercises given to you by a physical therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again - and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your knee even more like some exercises do).
- Avoid sitting in awkward positions - the truth is, you and I were not designed to sit. When you sit and bend your knees, you’re putting your knees in awkward, unnatural positions - which knees aren’t built to be in that position for too long. It would really help to get the appropriate strengthening exercises, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy. PT is proven to help people with knee pain. In fact, at PhysioFit it’s one of the most common issues we see people aged 40+ living with. If your knee pain is affecting your job, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how PhysioFit can help you live with less knee pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no obligation, risk free conversation. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
At PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness, we specialize in helping people in Los Altos, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and San Jose, CA.
Get Back To Enjoying The Activities You Love
We will work best with you if you are motivated, have a strong desire to become active again…but just feel stuck about what you should be doing.
If you are willing to put in a little bit of work and you are ready to get back the quality of life you want, then you will be a great fit with us.
And you can expect to see an amazing transformation:
- A life where you can sleep easily through the night without pain, or having to rely on pain pills
- Get back to exercising again, but without any pain holding you back so you can finally get in shape again
- Be able to play with and pick up your kids or grandkids, without any worry of your knees going out
- A life with better mobility that will not only take pain away from your knees, but help you move, walk and exercise with confidence
- A life where you no longer have to carry the constant burden of knee pain
- Restore long lost movement, and energy so you can keep up with friends and family again, without having your life dictated by constant knee pain
- A return to your active, normal, lifestyle, without having to take pills or bother the doctor for this problem again
We offer a 20-Minute Phone Consultation which comes at NO risk to you. We will have an honest conversation about your health to decide if we will be a good fit to work together.
Again, knee pain one of the most common problems that we see at PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness in Los Altos, CA. We can also help people in the surrounding cities of Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Palo Alto, Campbell, Santa Clara and San Jose, CA .
Knee, Balance And Walking Conditions We Treat
- Knee Pain
- Difficulty Walking
- Post-surgery Rehab
- Poor Balance / Risk of Falling
- Total Knee Replacement
- Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Tears
- MedialCollateral Ligament (MCL) Tears
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tears
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Tears
- Meniscus Injury
- Sprain / Strain
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome (Runner’s Knee)
- Kneecap clicking/popping
Hear From PhysioFit Clients Who Are Feeling More ACTIVE, HEALTHY And HAPPY…In Just A Few Short Weeks!
"I had a total knee replacement in October 2015. I was referred to physical therapy by my orthopedic surgeon at Stanford. I searched Yelp reviews to find the best physical therapy clinic in the Los Altos area. I was amazed by the ratings and reviews left by PhysioFit patients. The near 5-star ratings and glowing reviews were almost too good to be true, but I quickly learned that they were absolutely spot on. The therapists and staff at PhysioFit are absolutely fabulous: friendly, helpful, supportive and knowledgeable. I’ve been working with my therapist, Mika, for more than 6 months to rehab my knee. She has done a fantastic job rehabbing my knee, and is the most supportive and caring medical professional that I know. I can walk up and down stairs, ride a bike, and exercise for 40 minutes on an elliptical—all things I couldn’t do for the last three years. The road to recovery has been a long one, and I couldn’t have done it without the staff at PhysioFit. I would give Mike and PhysioFit my highest recommendation. If I ever need physical therapy again, I’ll be back at PhysioFit in a heartbeat!"
As soon as my MD told me that I would benefit from getting physical therapy for my injury and because I knew of PhysioFit from past experiences I quickly made arrangements and began my program. Within a very short period of time I was feeling so much better as I expected that I would. All of the staff was most kind and professional and always made me feel comfortable. Without a doubt I would tell all of my friends about PhysioFit. Kim runs a wonderful program. Her staff seem happy and in turn make us all happy. Bravo!"
Note: If your knee pain need is urgent...
Choose Which One Works Best For You...
Just click one of the buttons above and then fill out the simple form.