Foot Pain Relief And Ankle Pain Relief
- Are you worried about foot and ankle pain that isn’t going away on its own, no matter how much "rest" you've been told to get?
- Does it concern you that you’re missing out on all your favorite activities because of foot and ankle pain?
- Do you feel a sharp pain under the ball of your foot or at the back of your heel when you step out of bed in the morning that only begins to ease 20 minutes or so and after you’ve been moving.
- Have you been told to just rest or take pain medications but you secretly know that neither option is the best way forward or the one you want to take?
- Did you injure your ankle weeks or months ago from a fall or twist and it’s become very weak, meaning you’re in lots of pain or discomfort when you twist, turn or walk over uneven ground?
- Does it concern you that injections haven’t worked and you might be facing an invasive surgery?
If that's happening to you, you're not alone. We hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, foot and ankle pain is one of the most common problems that we see in our physical therapy clinic in Los Altos, CA.
Injuries to the foot or ankle can limit your ability to do the activities you enjoy on a daily basis. Our team at PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness have extensive training in the assessment and treatment of foot and ankle pathologies and are happy to help you find relief from your symptoms and safely get back to the activities you need and want to do.
What Condition Is Causing My Foot & Ankle Pain?
Our physical therapists are committed to helping you understand the root cause of your issue while also providing effective, drug-free symptom relief so that you can start feeling better wherever your day takes you. We can help you get the best outcome that promotes healing and can minimize your risk of recurring problems.
Some of the most common conditions include:
Strains and sprains: any load or movement that overstretches a muscle or ligament can lead to a strain or sprain, respectively. Ankle sprains in particular can be especially troublesome because having one increases your risk of having another one in the future. Physical Therapy is helpful for healing sprained ligaments and strained muscles while also restoring strength and stability so that recurring damage can be avoided.
Arthritis: over 100 different types of arthritis exist. What they all share in common is progressive inflammation and damage to joints. In the foot and ankle, arthritis can lead to stiffness, swelling, and pain.
Tendinitis: tendinitis in the ankle or foot can occur due to repetitive motion or overuse, particularly if the repeated motion contains faulty movement patterns. Tendons become inflamed and irritated, leading to issues like pain and difficulty with bearing weight on the affected limb.
Bursitis: a bursa is a small fluid-filled sac situated between areas where tendons glide over bones. The goal is to reduce friction. Irritation and inflammation of a bursa near the foot or ankle is treatable with physical therapy treatments.
Tarsal tunnel syndrome: tarsal tunnel syndrome causes ankle pain when a nerve near the foot becomes compressed and irritated. In addition to pain, a person with this syndrome might notice tingling and burning sensations.
Fracture: sudden or repetitive trauma to the foot can lead to breaks any one of the many bones within the foot or ankle.
Fallen arches: the arches on the underside of your feet are essential for whole body posture and help you safely absorb forces as you walk or bear weight. When the tendons and other supportive structures aren’t functioning properly, one or both arches of your feet can “fall” or flatten. Over time, this can lead to pain and increase stress in the foot and ankle, as well as increased strain in other joints in your body. Many of our patients at PhysioFit are amazed to discover that by seeking treatment for their flat arches can also help alleviate their back, hip, or knee pain!
Plantar fasciitis: plantar fasciitis leads to foot and heel pain due to inflammation and irritation to the thick band of tissue that forms the arch on the underside of your foot. Our Los Altos Physical Therapist team sees it often in people who suddenly increase their physical activity, stand a lot for work, or have other underlying health issues like obesity or flat arches.
We are happy to talk to you about how PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness can help people in Los Altos, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and San Jose, CA.
FREE GUIDE: "7 Simple Steps To Eliminating Foot And Ankle Pain Within Days! Without The Use Of Pain Meds, Injections Or Surgery Even If You've Suffered For Years."
3 Things You Can Do To Get Relief From Foot & Ankle Pain
- First, make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate too long, thinking that foot and ankle pain will "just go away with time", but then 6 months later you’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… or it gets worse.
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises. One of the best things to help you ease your foot and ankle pain is to do the right series of guided exercises. These should be given to you by a Physical Therapist to help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again. This will help to reduce the chance that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate it even more like some exercises do).
- Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy. PT is proven to help people with foot and ankle pain. In fact, at PhysioFit it’s one of the most common issues we see people aged 40+ living with. If your foot and ankle pain is affecting your job, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness can help you live with less foot and ankle pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no obligation, risk free conversation. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
We also help people in the surrounding cities of Mountain View, Palo Alto, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and San Jose, CA.
Get Back To Enjoying The Activities You Love
We will work best with you if you are motivated, have a strong desire to become active again…but just feel stuck about what you should be doing.
If you are willing to put in a little bit of work and you are ready to get back the quality of life you want, then you will be a great fit with us.
And you can expect to see an amazing transformation:
- A life where you can life without pain medication
- Get back to exercising again, but without any pain holding you back so you can finally get in shape again
- Be able to play with and pick up your kids or grandkids, without worrying about your foot and ankle giving way
- A better quality life that will not only take pain away from your foot and ankle, but help you move, walk, and exercise with confidence
- Restore long lost movement, and energy so you can keep up with friends and family again, without having your life dictated by constant foot and ankle pain
- A return to your active, normal life of walking or traveling without limitations
If you live near Los Altos, CA and are struggling with foot and ankle pain, contact our physical therapy clinic today and schedule an initial appointment. Relief may be closer than you think! We can also help people in the surrounding cities of Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Palo Alto, Campbell, Santa Clara and San Jose, CA .
We offer a 20-Minute Phone Consultation which comes at NO risk to you. We will have an honest conversation about your health to decide if we will be a good fit to work with each other.
“Hear From PhysioFit Clients Who Are Feeling More ACTIVE, HEALTHY And HAPPY…In Just A Few Short Weeks”!
“Before starting at PhysioFit, the pain in my foot was unbearable. I couldn't put weight on it and the ache/burn woke me up in the middle of the night. I had to wear a boot and use a scooter just to do normal daily tasks and couldn't work out. After the physical therapy at PhysioFit, I have no pain, no boot, no scooter and finally feel like myself again. I’m biking, swimming, walking and even ran a half marathon 3 months after starting therapy. Stephanie and the team were amazing!”
"I had a great experience with PhysioFit to treat my ankle injury which happened during playing tennis. Initial on-boarding and insurance eligibility check was quick, wait-time for each session was minimal and team was responsive to my phone calls for last minute changes and requests. Finally, my physical therapist, Stephanie is not only knowledgeable, but also passionate and caring to optimize the treatment and result. Treatment significantly improved my ankle's strength and allowed me to continue playing tennis."
Note: If your foot and ankle pain need is urgent...
Choose Which One Works Best For You...
Just click one of the buttons above and then fill out the simple form.