Is Back Pain Or Sciatica Making The Simplest Of Tasks Unbearable And Slowing You Down?
- Are you worried about back pain that isn’t going away on its own, no matter how much 'rest' you've been told to get?
- Are you tired of doing ‘stretches,' or other exercises for your back that just don’t seem to work?
- Does it concern you that you’re unable to get back in shape because you are worried that exercising might hurt your back more?
- Are you missing out on your favorite activities and time with family and friends because of back pain?
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone. Approximately 80 percent of adults experience low back pain at some point in their lifetimes. Back pain and sciatica are THE most common problems that we see in our Physical Therapy clinic in Los Altos, CA. We also treat people in the surrounding cities of Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Palo Alto, Campbell, Santa Clara and San Jose.
What's the difference between Back Pain and Sciatica?
Back pain is a broad term used to describe a number of conditions that may lead to pain, stiffness, and other symptoms involving the upper or lower back.
Back pain is so common because its leading risk factors are common, too—such as poor posture, slips and falls, auto accidents, sports injury, heavy lifting, repetitive bending/twisting and prolonged sitting, advancing age, and even obesity.
Back pain can be acute, lasting just a few days to a few weeks, or chronic, lasting for months or even years. Common causes include stenosis, osteoporosis, degenerative disc disease, disc bulge, and muscle spasms or strains. Sometimes, the exact cause of your underlying back pain might be unknown. These cases are known as “idiopathic” back pain. Fortunately, research shows that even idiopathic cases of back pain can respond well to a personalized treatment plan with a physical therapist!
Sciatica is a syndrome that can cause back pain as well as other symptoms, including searing, shooting, burning, or stabbing pain down one or both legs. It occurs when one or rarely both of your sciatic nerves become pinched or irritated by something—often a disc, narrowed joint space, or bony cyst. The sciatic nerves branch off from the spinal cord in your lower back and are the largest nerves in your body. They carry motor and sensory information to and from your legs.
We are happy to talk to you about how PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness can help people in Los Altos, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and San Jose, CA.
FREE GUIDE: "9 Quick & Easy Tips To Eliminate Back Pain And Stiffness Without Pain Meds, Injections Or Risky Surgery... Even If You've Suffered For Years."
4 Things You Can Do To Get Relief From Back Pain Or Sciatica
- First, make a decision about getting help. Many people procrastinate too long, thinking that back pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months later they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… or it gets worse.
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises. One of the best things to help you ease your back pain is to do the right series of guided exercises - the right exercises given to you by a physical therapist to help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again - and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your back even more like some exercises do).
- Avoid sitting and long periods of rest. Ever tried to get up from the sofa after resting for a while, but you struggle because your back feels so painful and tight? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to back pain is rest, and sit for long periods of time. Too much rest, and sitting in awkward positions makes your back stiff and tight. It would really help to get the appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- Get Real, Customized Physical Therapy Treatment. PT is proven to help people with low back pain and lower the cost to manage it. If your back pain is affecting your job, your ability to keep active, or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - physical therapy can help get you back to living the life you love.
If you would like to know how PhysioFit can help you live with less Back Pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free conversation:
Get back to enjoying the activities you love
We will work best with you if you are motivated, have a strong desire to become active again…but just feel stuck about what you should be doing.
If you are willing to put in a little bit of work and you are ready to get back the quality of life you want, then you will be a great fit with us.
You can expect to see an amazing transformation:
- A life where you can sit and drive without pain
- A life where you can bend down and do house chores without being in constant pain
- Return to exercising again, but without any pain holding you back so you can finally get in shape again
- Be able to play with and pick up your kids or grandkids without the worry of your back going out
- Be able to sleep comfortably through the night, and wake up with much less pain and achiness
- Restore long lost movement and energy so you can keep up with friends and family again, without being weighed down by the constant burden of Back Pain
- A return to your active, normal, lifestyle without having to take pills or visit the doctor for this problem again
We offer a 20-Minute Telephone Consultation which comes at NO risk to you. We will have an honest conversation about your health to decide if we will be a good fit to work with each other.
Back pain and Sciatica are one of the most common problems that we see at PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness in Los Altos, CA. We can also help people in the surrounding cities of Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Palo Alto, Campbell, Santa Clara and San Jose, CA .
Back Conditions We Treat
- Mid Back Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Sciatica and Radiating Pain Compression
- Degenerative Diseases
- Herniated or Bulging Disc
- Spinal Arthritis and Spinal Stenosis Sprain/Strain
- Post-surgery Rehab
Hear From PhysioFit Clients Who Are Feeling More ACTIVE, HEALTHY And HAPPY…In Just A Few Short Weeks!
"My previous physical therapy experience was very painful and when, following my stenosis surgery, I was referred to PhysioFit, naturally I was skeptical of the outcome. Keya was a delightful surprise. She not only listened, showed care and compassion, but best of all she zeroed in on my source of pain. She is superb in her craft. Thanks to her excellent skills I’m completely pain free. I owe it all to her. PhysioFit is a place where everyone is friendly and professional. The front desk staff welcome you and treat you with respect. I have, and will continue to sing the praises of PhysioFit."
"I have had a stiff and painful back for many years and finally decided to enter rehab when it interfered with my daily life. I chose PhysioFit at Loyola Corners in Los Altos because I previously had an excellent experience with them to begin rehab on my shoulder after reconstructive surgery. I've been getting rehab and much needed encouragement from a superb therapist, doing assigned exercises at home, and remedial gym work for the past 6 months, and it has improved my back's flexibility and mobility significantly. More needs to be done, and I am very pleased with our progress so far. Kudos to the people at PhysioFit."
Note: If your back pain need is urgent...
Choose Which One Works Best For You...
Just click one of the buttons above and then fill out the simple form.