Tired Of Waiting To Get Back In The Game? Physical Therapy Can Help Relieve Your Sports Injury
- Are you worried about a sports injury that isn’t going away on its own, no matter how much "rest" you've been told to get?
- Are you tired of doing "stretches, or other exercises for your sports injury that just don’t seem to work?
- Does it concern you that you’re unable to get back in shape because you are worried that exercising might hurt you more?
- Are you having trouble keeping up with friends and family, and missing out on your favorite activities because of pain?
- Do you wish you could improve your performance in your favorite sports?
If that's happening to you, you're not alone. We hear this type of thing all the time! In fact, Sports Injuries are one of the most common problems that we see in our physical therapy clinic in Los Altos, CA. We also treat people in the surrounding cities of Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Palo Alto, Campbell, Santa Clara and San Jose.
No matter what type of sport or physical activity you love, staying healthy and avoiding injury is important. Unaddressed aches and pains may lead to long-term chronic issues that can affect you on and off the field.
At PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness, we’d love to help you get off the sidelines and get back to the activities you love feeling and performing better than ever.
Why Did I Develop A Sports Injury?
Certain sports are more likely to lead to injury, including basketball, racquetball, swimming, baseball or softball, soccer, gymnastics, and hockey. That said, a sports injury can occur in any type of exercise or physical activity and can impact anyone from novices to elite competitors.
You may be more at risk for developing a sports injury due to factors like a prior injury history, poor sleep and nutrition, ill-fitting shoes or equipment, over-training, underlying postural imbalances, and impaired movement mechanics.
So many people think that their sports injury is "not that bad" and it will get better with just a little rest and you will quickly be able to exercise and play your sport again. But when you do go back to your sport again, you are restricted or limited, which can make things even worse than when it first happened.
You see, most people will have little to no pain when they rest... And then when you start back up, the pain comes back. And no matter how much you rest it, it doesn't seem to get any better.
Are You Suffering From One Of These Sports Injuries?
Knee injuries: the knee may be a simple hinge joint, but it’s made up of a complex array of structures that are essential for any and all weight-bearing activities involving power, speed, strength, balance, stamina, and more. The knee also happens to be one of the most common joints injured during sport due to factors like repetitive stress, twisting, and pivoting.
Sprains and strains: ligaments connect bone to bone and can become sprains when they are stretched or stressed beyond what the tissue can safely handle. Ligament sprains during physical activities are common in the elbow, ankle, and knee. A strain is a similar type of over stress injury that affects muscles. Muscle strains, or “pulled muscles,” are common in tissues such as the quadriceps, groin, hamstring, and biceps.
Shin splints: repetitive pounding and stress from running or jumping can lead to microscopic tears and inflammation in the muscles on the front of your shins. This can cause shin splints, known clinically as medial tibial stress syndrome. In addition to stretches, exercises, and other physical therapy interventions, techniques to heal and prevent shin splints include footwear modifications and proper warm-up routines.
We are happy to talk to you about how PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness can help people in Los Altos, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and San Jose, CA.
FREE GUIDE: "7 Secret Recovery Strategies That Only Pro Athletes Know And Use"
4 Things You Can Do To Heal From Your Sports Injury
- First, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that the pain will "just go away with time", but then 6 to 8 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse.
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises. One of the best things to help you ease your pain from a sports injury is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again - and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
- You will want to avoid "RESTING TOO MUCH.", The irony is that rest is usually the worst thing you can do for sports injuries... especially for too long. Have you ever tried to get up from the couch after resting for a while, only to find that it is painfully difficult because of stiffness and tightness? One of the absolute worst things you can ever do that slows the recovery process is sit for prolonged periods of time or rest in the same position for more than 30 minutes at a time. If you rest too much, you will feel that stiffness and tightness. It would really help if you were given the appropriate strengthening exercises, combined with the appropriate hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- You need to get some real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy treatment. PT is proven to help people with pain. In fact, at PhysioFit we see these injuries all the time. If your injury is stopping you from being active or playing your sport, affecting your job, if it threatening your independence or getting in the way of spending quality time with family and friends, a Physical Therapist can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
Get Back To Enjoying The Activities You Love
We will work best with you if you are motivated, have a strong desire to become active again…but just feel stuck about what you should be doing.
If you are willing to put in a little bit of work and you are ready to get back the quality of life you want, then you will be a great fit with us.
And you can expect to see an amazing transformation:
- Return to exercising again, but without any pain holding you back so you can finally get in shape again
- Restore long lost movement, and energy so you can keep up with friends and family again, without being weighed down by the constant burden of pain
- A return to your active, normal, lifestyle without having to take pills or visit the doctor for this problem again
- Return to participating in your favorite sports
- Improve your performance in the sports you love
- Return to exercise at full capacity with friends and family
We offer a 20-Minute Telephone Consultation which comes at NO risk to you. We will have an honest conversation about your health to decide if we will be a good fit to work with each other.
Sports Injuries are one of the most common problems that we see at PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness in Los Altos, CA. We can also help people in the surrounding cities of Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Palo Alto, Campbell, Santa Clara and San Jose, CA .
“Hear From PhysioFit Clients Who Are Feeling More ACTIVE, HEALTHY And HAPPY…In Just A Few Short Weeks”!
"I have a frozen shoulder (a tough nut to crack) due to multiple tears on my deltoid within a couple of months. I started working at PhysioFit on February 19. I waited until my left arm was in pain when used in most directions. I needed help and relief. They were able to fit me in the same day I contacted them, but I was not available due to work. Katrina Wong saw me the next day. They are top notch: They communicate well. They are friendly, professional and knowledgable. They make sure your questions are answered to your satisfaction. They communicate with each other about me to ensure my visit is seamless. I appreciate they offer late afternoon appointments, which are helpful.
Katrina has helped me with improving my range of motion with her manual therapy. The PT exercises for my home program she has given me to do twice daily, also help improve my ROM. They require a good chunk of time, but the return on investment is worth it. It is challenging with a busy schedule, but the alternative of having frozen shoulder longer is the reason I do them. She asks to make sure if I have any questions and they are answered. I give her feedback on the PT exercises and we modify accordingly. Communication is key. Thank you Katrina and team! I am a small business owner."
- Silicon Valley Cyclist
"I first came to PhysioFit when my ankle was severely strained from stepping on a tennis ball while playing (ouch). After several weeks in cast, my foot's muscles somewhat athropied, and my doctor ordered physiotherapy. My therapist was great in giving me the exercises I need on site and at home that restored my foot. My daughter sprained her ankle too in a staircase accident, and she went through a similar regiment with a different therapist. They are all very qualified and have good patient manners. We didn't have any problem with finance since we were covered by our insurance, and the staff were always polite and clear about our responsibilities. Now I take beginner group TRX classes there, and the instructor Lori is very patient. Even though it is beginner, I get a very good workout."
Note: If your sports injury need is urgent...
Choose Which One Works Best For You...
Just click one of the buttons above and then fill out the simple form.