Understanding Blocked Milk Ducts
(or Ductal Narrowing)
If you’re suffering from a clogged or blocked milk duct, you may be feeling all sorts of emotions. Luckily, we have real experience in bringing relief to women in your shoes. More importantly, we know just what to do about it and we can reassure you there IS hope for a HEALTHY future for you.
Limitations You May Experience
If you are currently experiencing any of the following symptoms, physical therapy could be a great place to start!
Can’t feed your baby
Pain getting in the way of rest
Severe pain when the baby latches on
Regular fevers due to mastitis
Hardened/firm region of the breast
Pain/tenderness in the affected breast region
Reduction in milk supply in the affected breast
What to Expect From Physical Therapy
You will have a private 1-1 evaluation with a physical therapist. The evaluation includes your medical history, a movement analysis, and an assessment of your posture, muscles, and nerves.
EMOTIONS YOU MAY BE FEELING
- The joy of having time to bond with your baby is replaced with pain and uncertainty
GET PERSONALIZED CARE
- Ultrasound to soften hardened milk/open ductal narrowing
- Therapeutic Breast Massage to further break up hardened milk to clear blockages
- Education on managing and reducing blockages/ductal narrowing
Get your desired outcome
- Ability to provide breastmilk for your baby
- Take care of your baby
- Ability to sleep while baby is sleeping at night
- Reduce frustration with the inability to breastfeed or pump milk efficiently
Let's Get Started!
Free Guide For Anyone Who Wants To End Blocked Milk Ducts
The 15 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Blocked Milk Ducts (OR Ductal Narrowing)
Everything you need to know about how we treat blocked milk ducts at PhysioFit Physical Therapy & Wellness
"We had one mom w/3-month-old baby who didn’t pump or feed for 6-7 hours. She felt like her breasts were going to explode and worried about a lump forming in her breast. We cleared that in a day & taught her preventive techniques."
Los Altos, 2022
"A thirty-year-old mom with chronic blocked ducts and fear of getting abscesses. We showed her how to address the problem quickly before it could get worse and more expensive."
Los Altos, 2022