Going for a run?
STRETCHES FOR RUNNERS
- Before a run, always warm up : 10 min jog or a speed walk.
- Ease into each stretch; don’t bounce or force it
- It is far better to stretch after a run than before.
- Let’s look at some stretches for runners to prevent injuries.
1. HAMSTRING STRETCH FOR RUNNERS WITH STRAP
Make sure knee is straight to add more stretch
2. ADDUCTOR STRETCH WITH STRAP
3. PIRIFORMIS STRETCH
4. HIP FLEXOR STRETCH
Make sure back is erect while leaning forward
5. QUADRICEP STRETCH FOR RUNNERS
Keep back erect
6. CALF STRETCH
Avoid lifting back leg heel off the ground
7. ILIO-TIBIAL BAND STRETCH FOR RUNNERS
Cross the leg to be stretched at the back and bend towards the opposite side
Do the stretches 2-3 times on each side and hold each for 30-60 secs.
Hope this was helpful! We help people overcome pain and help them reach their peak physical ability by walking them through similar exercises. We also create a tailored exercise program that matches their daily lifestyle needs.