The health and safety of the PhysioFit family is our priority. With recent news around coronavirus, we understand you may have questions about how we can all do our part to stay healthy. We want to share the actions we’re taking to help protect our customers and our team— and what you can do to help.
Ways to help keep yourself healthy and boost your immune system:
• Get lots of rest.
• Eat a healthy diet rich in antioxidants (fruits, vegetables, legumes, leafy greens, nuts)
• Continue or begin an exercise program.
• Reduce your stress through exercise and meditation.
• Wash your hands regularly with soap and water. This is one of the best ways your we protect ourselves from the spread of germs—it will help protect you, too! Remember to clean the ‘webs’ between fingers and thumbs and wash for at least 20 seconds.
• Don’t have access to soap and water? Use hand sanitizers.
• Avoid touching your face, particularly your eyes, nose or mouth, with your hands.
• When you or your loved ones are sick—stay home from work and school to prevent infecting others.
• Sneezing into tissues or your elbow are great ways to minimize the spread of germs. Always wash your hands with soap and water after you sneeze.
• Unless you are in the healthcare profession or caring for an ill family member or friend, always try to avoid others who are sick.
• Stay informed. The CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) are updating their sites with the latest information.
What we are doing at PhysioFit to stay clean and safe:
• Closely monitoring the situation and taking action. We’re following updates on COVID-19, including guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health officials. We’ll continue to take actions necessary to help protect our community.
• Wiping down tables with hospital grade germicidal/disinfectant cleaner after every use
• Placing towels on pillowcases before use
• Wiping down equipment and mats after every use
• Clorox wipes available in the gym so that people can be more comfortable with having control over making sure everything is wiped to their comfort level
• Using lots of bleach and disinfectants regularly in the clinic as a whole
• We have purchased more disinfectants and are cleaning more frequently than we usually do
• Wiping down door knobs and counters regularly and cleaning the straps for equipment and bolster covers
• Gloves in all rooms available
• We have hand sanitizers all over the clinic
• 3 HEPA filters running throughout the clinic
• Diffusing essential oils that help build your immune system with very gentle scent
Video Visits are available for those who want to stay home and go virtual:
• Great time to have a Video Visit to assess your work station set up.
• Virtual check where your PT gets a front line view of how you are doing any activity at home that may be aggravating your symptoms.
• Guidance for how to do your favorite hobbies with good positioning (gardening, running, tennis, golf).
• Ramp up your exercise program to help maintain your consistency and improve your health.
• Optimize the use of your equipment/props at home for building new self care habits/a home exercise program and fine tuning your mat work.
Small actions can make a big difference when everyone helps out — thanks for doing your part.